jueves, 3 de septiembre de 2009

Task 3: Transantiago System

Hi! This week I’ll write about the Transantiago system.

Well, the Transantiago system is a public transport system that supposed to be better than the system we had before (the system with yellow buses). It consists in buses that have different ways to operate, some of them are locals and the others are “troncales”, which crosses a great amount of the territory of the capital. The idea of this system is that now we pay with a card in change of the coins, so, it’s faster than before, or that supposed to be. Also, the system operates with the subway, where the card can be used too. And when we want to change of bus or go to the subway, we just pay once if we did it already in other bus or in the subway, but it’s with limited time of course.

It’s better in the way that it’s faster than before, but, in the beginning, the change was not wanted for the people, it was very criticized, the tours of the buses were not well designed; and this design was not understood for the people, because it was a little complicated to make a tour.

My experiences with the old system were not a lot, because I began to go in bus two years before the Transantiago system replaced the old one, and I just go to the school to my house…but I remember that it was not so bad, however, the conditions of the older buses were terribly in some cases. With the Transantiago I have felt comfortable, though in the mornings the buses collapse and even at the day the tours needs to be replaced.

I’m not an expert in the topic, but, I would empathize in put in the way more buses, and to design better the tours, because there are some parts of the capital that hasn’t very well designed tours. Also, I would check the bus stops, because there are many of them that are in bad conditions and, like in the last point, there are parts of the capital that hasn’t stop buses.

That’s all for today, see ya!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario